Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, verify your identity, participate in any interactive features of the Service, fill out an application or form, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, fax number, occupation, employer, credit card, debit card, and banking information, bank log-in credentials, transaction information (such as when you make purchases), and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access or use our Service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Service.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Service and your experience, see which areas and features of our Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
Information we collect about you may be used by Neighborhood Pet and its service providers for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Service;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Neighborhood Pet and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Neighborhood Pet and others;
- Personalize and improve the Service and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Neighborhood Pet is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.>
Bank login information is not stored in the App or on the Site and we do not use, or authorize others to use, such information other than to provide the Service and its core functions.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, payment-processing companies and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf and otherwise assist us in providing the Service;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Neighborhood Pet or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- Between and among Neighborhood Pet and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Social Sharing Features
The Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Service with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Neighborhood Pet takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you (including deleting or deactivating your account) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with our Service. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Service.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Neighborhood Pet by following the instructions in those emails or other messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.